Medication Aide Training
The Medication Aide training prepares students to administer medications to residents in:
- Nursing facilities,
- Intermediate care and community-based facilities for people who are mentally retarded,
- Correctional institutions,
- Assisted living (personal care) facilities
Classes available, from 8:00 A.M to 12:30 or 4:00:PM to 8:30 PM
Medication Aide Training - Admissions Requirements
To be a medication aide in a licensed Texas facility, you must :
- Read, write, speak, and understand English
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be free of communicable diseases, and in suitable physical and emotional health to safely administer medications
- Work in a facility as a certified nurse aide or unlicensed direct care staff person on the first official day of your medication aide training program
- Have been employed in a facility for 90 days as an unlicensed direct care staff person
- Applicants who attended school out of country must have their documentation verified as being equivalent to high school graduation in the United States.
- This does not include home health agencies, hospitals, skilled nursing facilities (SNF) in hospitals, staffing agencies, city-county jails or adult day care.
Below is the current schedule.
Please, contact us directly if you are not be able to register by the registration dates listed below.
Call at 512-947-5028/512-947-5036/512-836-3442
Medication Aide Training - Class Schedule
Class Days: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
8:00 AM to 12:30PM
4:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Each session last 2 1/2 months. Location: At the school (on Rundberg)
Continued Education/Refresher Course/at school location 313 E, Rundberg #208 Austin TX 78753 Monday-Friday 8-7, Saturday by Appointment
or Online at http://nurseaid-training.com every day, 24/7
Please do not mail the form 5504 to the State. Email the complete form to the school email address:
|Dates of Training||Registration Date||Registration Time|